This application makes it easy to install Android 9, 8 or 6 on any MTCD(E) head unit with a px5 (rk3368), px30 (rk3326) and px6 (rk3399) processor.
That is, now for the update does not require the presence of a “GPS” slot to boot the head unit from the SD card.
The application has been tested on different types of MTCD(E) head units and has shown stable work. However, any flashing firmware on the head unit is a potentially dangerous operation. First of all it concerns the head units on Android 6. Therefore, the application is provided on an “as is” basis. The author is not responsible for any possible negative consequences.
How to get the app?
Make sure your head unit is built on an MTCD(E) platform. The MCU version must begin with the letters MTCD or MTCE.
Make sure you can enter to the Android OS recovery of your head unit.
Also, remember that the MD725 type 2 module works on Android 6, but does not work on Android 8 and 9. For px30: the MD725 module does not work at all on Android 9.
How do I know that you have such a module?
On the first page of the factory settings in setting BT, MD725 is selected.
The command getprop bt.md725.type, executed in the terminal, answers “2“.
Pay the indicated amount in one of the ways below. In the comments to the payment, enter your e-mail.
Be sure to read the text below.
If you are migrating from Android 6, you must first install the latest HCT firmware (HCT_PX5_6.0(20171227)). Link.
If from Android 8 or 9, then just one of the latest HCT versions.
Send me these screenshots: Contacts
I will not be able to send you the app without receiving these screenshots from you.
If you are migrating from Android 9, I will need another screenshot that can be made with this application: Device Info HW
In response, during the day I will send you a link where you can download the application. The application is designed to work only on the head unit on which the screenshots you sent were taken.How to use the app?
Video instruction from Alex’s Android Radio
- Make wipe data in recovery or from settings.
- Install and run the application.
- Select the desired version of Android and click “INSTALL”.
- Android 6 will ask: “Allow USB debugging?”. Answer OK.
- The head unit will reboot into the recovery of the version of Android you selected.
- A new recovery can boot for quite a long time, up to 10 minutes. Be patient. Do not reboot the head unit!
- Install any firmware of your chosen Android version using the item “Apply update system” or “Apply system image”.
- The firmware (update.zip, update.img) can be installed immediately after booting a new recovery. The head unit does not need to be rebooted.
The application includes the Mod Installer functionality, so if you select the same version of Android as on the device, then only the recovery will be installed, which allows you to install Hal9k Mod.